D3 Hosts First AAPOR Panel
May. 12, 2014
Tysons Corner, Virginia, May 12th, 2014, —D3 Systems invites you to attend its panel, “Women’s Attitudes in Conflict, Crisis, & Post-War Zones: Research from Public Opinion Surveys,” at the 69th annual American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) Conference. This year’s AAPOR conference is to be held in Anaheim, California on May 15th to May 18th, 2014 at the Anaheim Marriott. The D3 sponsored panel will be held on Saturday, May 17th at 1:45-3:15 pm.
The panel will present data from different nationally representative public opinion surveys, including surveys from Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, and South Sudan, to provide an in-depth look into women’s attitudes in conflict, crisis, and post-war zones. Samantha Chiu, manager of D3’s WIMC project, will be the panel chair and moderate the speakers of the five papers and poster participating in the panel.
- John Richardson of D3 Systems will present “Afghan Perspectives on Taliban Reconciliation.”
- Melissa Abadi, Stephen Shamblen, and Kirten Thompson of the Pacific Institute for Research & Evaluation (PIRE), along with Stacey Frank of D3 Systems, will present “Perceptions and Predictors of Inequality among Afghan and Pakistani Women.”
- Nina Sabarre, Elizabeth Hood, and David Rae of D3 Systems will present “Gender Differences: Public Opinion During the 2013 Political Crisis in Egypt.”
- Mayesha Alam and Rebecca Turkington of Georgetown University’s Institute for Women, Peace, and Security and Brian Kirchhoff of D3 Systems will present “Women, Peace and Security in a Nascent State: A Case Study on South Sudan.”
- Lastly, Dameka Williams and Samantha Chiu of D3 Systems will present a poster titled, “Women in Muslim Countries: A Multinational Analysis.”
Additionally, D3 will contribute to a variety of panels at the conference. Check out Samuel Solomon’s and Alex Brezinski’s presentation, “After the Coup: Egyptian Public Opinion in the Summer of 2013.” Samuel Solomon will also be presenting a poster co-authored with David Peng, “Echoes of Egypt: Understanding the Telephone-Owning Population in the Arab World’s Largest Nation.” Amanda Bajkowski will present her co-authored methodological brief on “Conducting a Longitudinal Survey with Drug Treatment Patients in Afghanistan: Methodological and Contextual Challenges” with colleagues from AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs and the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation. Matthew Warshaw will present his co-authored paper on “Pre-Election Polling in Afghanistan” with Gary Langer of Langer Research Associates.
To learn more about our research and D3 Systems, come meet us at our booth at the AAPOR exhibition. We hope to see you in Anaheim!